Turning Japanese: 17 fruit and veg a day

Monday, June 12, 2006

12/06/06 portions: 13

Today was difficult. The cherries that I had were going off (that was why they were only £1.50 at the greengrocers in Bruntsfield; I threw about a £1 of them away), had nothing good for brekkie and no juice. Plus, didn't bring anything good for lunch. For some reason, I persist with raw carrots. I hate them, but always have them, just in case I was 'just kidding' about hating them or they will suddenly turn into some cheese and onion crisps. Ate them joylessly.

Finally got on with the vegetable crumble. Would have benefited from some herbs or more salt and should have cut the carrots and cauliflower into smaller pieces, but otherwise, not too bad. Has six veggies in it -- the two previously mentioned, plus chickpeas, onions, courgettes, and tomatoes -- and I had two helpings, so I'm counting it as 4 portions. What? You gotta problem with that?
    Brekkie: 1 cherry
    Snack: 1 banana, 1 orange
    Lunch: 1 carrot
    Snack: 1 cherry
    Snack: 1 pear, 1 orange
    Dinner: 4 miscellaneous veg (read above)
    Snack: 2 grapes
Also pleased to say I met a reader. Well, maybe he's only read once... anyway, I'm pleased to know that I'm not alone out here. Hurrah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home