Turning Japanese: 17 fruit and veg a day

Sunday, June 11, 2006

10/6/06 portions: 7

Yesterday, England played its first match in the World Cup against Paraguay. Why this has anything to do with my portions (or lack thereof) will be plain to see shortly.

As I was saying, England played. Me and M went to a pub to see the match, though we had initially agreed to watch the match at home. I was going to cook the vegetable crumble mentioned in the featured recipe and have plenty of fruit and veg. But the pub we were watching the game at was crap and we got into an altercation with some holier-than-thou chicks sitting next to us. Plus my pal said she was sitting in a nice pub in Broughton with a whole huge table to herself, her boyfriend and his friend. So we watched the second half with them.

I ate my lunch there, substituting the tattie wedges for "Mediterranean vegetables" (aubergines, courgettes, carrots, onions, mushrooms) with some salad. 3 portions, easily. Unfortunately, after the game, we stayed with them, for the subsequent two matches. If I knew I'd be with them until midnight, I would have brought some provisions with me. Had one portion of miscellaneous veg (from the nachos eaten as a snack: kidney beans, salsa, guacamole) and another with the deep fried cheese and chicken tortilla for dinner (the salad). This left with with my meagre sum for Saturday.

But does all the Magner's cider count as a portion? It is made from 17 different varieties of apple. Lesson learned: always bring some thing, anything, with me.

    1 portion of cherries, fresh
    1 apple
    3 portions of Mediterranean veg (including the salad)
    1 miscellaneous portion of veg
    1 salad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home